5.28.2007

Yes!

Banged out the rest of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday. I don't know if it's really awesome or really pathetic that I've cleared two volumes of Harry Potter in two weeks. :D Prisoner of Azkaban was always one of my favorites from the series though... so that helps.

It's a funny thing, re-reading this series. On the second go, knowing what happens in the future books, it's so much easier to pick up on all the little subtle references and foreshadowing Rowling drops into the story. I'm convinced that she never includes a detail that won't serve some kind of purpose eventually... which is why I admire her writing.

But, taking a break before starting up Goblet of Fire... I borrowed Ender's Game from a friend and want to get through that. I've always wanted to read it, so I'm looking forward to getting a little sf fix before moving on.


I got a few books in the mail last week... the missing books from my Relevant order. (It was kind of like Christmas at my cubicle.)

And I was a bad girl in Borders this weekend... I splurged and bought more books, justifying it with "but they were 3 for 2!" and "I needed to get my sis a birthday present anyway!" I keep telling myself that being a bibliophile is a good problem to have, while meanwhile noticing the ever-growing "To Read Next" pile (a literal stack in my room. I should take a picture of it.) I meant to work on organizing and cataloging my library on my 3-day weekend, but... never... quite... got around to it... heh.


Finally... as the 6th month becomes ever closer, I've established the mini-goal of 25 books by Halfway Day (July 2). That should make me feel at least a little on pace. Currently at:
* 18 books
* 1 abandoned indefinitely (Eldest)
* 3 in progress (Salvation, Imitation of Christ, and Ender's Game)
* 14 completed

At the moment... I don't want to think about how many pages that means for the month of June... :)


Right. Off to squeeze in some reading before sleep.

No comments: