12.09.2006

Jump Start

And so, after handing my final paper of my final lit class for the final semester, I've decided to get a jump on this 50 books in 2007 challenge I've put myself up to. I figure if I can clear a couple before the month is out, that'll give me a little bit of a buffer to work with. (Hey, it's my challenge, so I'm not cheating! :))


That said, I'm starting with A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin. I think I started around the end of last spring semester, but had to quit because of summer classes... starting over now.

Doing rather well, actually... the chapters are quite long, but I breezed through about 3 today.

That said, I was drawn to this after watching bits and pieces of the mini-series Earthsea when it ran on the Sci-Fi Channel a while back. My only experience so far with LeGuin has been Catwings when I was younger, and The Left Hand of Darkness for my Science Fiction Literature class over the summer.

Must say, I am enjoying this much more than Left Hand for some reason. But maybe it's because I'm such a sucker for detailed high fantasy worlds I can get lost in for a couple hours... alas, I'll always be a sf/fantasy genre person, I'm afraid. :)

Might try to knock the rest out by tomorrow, and then do some sort of review.

No comments: