1.10.2007

According to British librarians...

Top 30 Books to Read Before You Die

Only four of which I've actually read. Quite a few that I've thought about though...

Roughly 200 pages left to go in Eragon! When I'm done, I'd kind of like to read something short-ish before I launch into Eldest... maybe.


Further thoughts on Eragon...

(Potential spoliers... don't say I didn't warn ya.)

You can so tell this was written by a (then) teenage boy just by the elaborate descriptions of Arya and how beautiful she is when Eragon finally finds her, even beat up. Seriously. Sounds about right.

Brom's death still makes me sad. I always find myself liking the wise old mentor characters for some reason. He's so delightfully cranky and mysterious, and something's just... missing after that chapter. :(

Saphira is probably my favorite character that stays for the duration though. I love her personality. I love the balance between sweet and motherly and snarky and strong. Saphira rocks.

But the title character... umm... Eragon sure does get beat up a lot. I feel like I'm reading fanfiction sometimes.


The Ramr River. Yep. I should probably go work on it some more instead of writing these rambling musings. :)

No comments: