1.30.2007

Theology * Eldest * One Month Down

So, week 1 of the study begins... finished chapter 1 last night, and hope to read it through again before Thursday.

I'm so excited for this study... mostly because theological studies is one thing I've been interested in delving into, but never quite knew where to start. Dr. Frame's book is wonderful so far... systematic theology sounds like heavy, scary reading, but it's written in a gentle, conversational tone that expresses that he really wants to communicate it in a way that those of us that never took a seminary class can understand.

Easy as the language is, fluff the content is not. Within a few pages, I was thinking about things in new ways. I'd like to write a bit about the insights and questions that develop as I read this... after a second run-through the chapter perhaps.

So... looks like this will be about six months. A chapter a week seems like a really slow pace... but I guess that's after recovering from lit classes where I was expected to plow through about 30 chapters a week. ^^;; I'm very very tempted to read ahead...

***

In other reading... Eldest. I pick it up off and on. I started to read "Minority Report" the other day, but I put it down and told myself to keep going with what I started.


Hm. First month ends tomorrow. I'm up to 4 books completed then?

At this rate, I'll be lucky to read 15 books in 2007. :) Better get busy.

No comments: