3.11.2007

Overdue Update

Well. Haven't posted in a while. And slacking a bit on reading lately. :(

I started trying to get back into Eldest so I can be finished and done with it.

I finished To Own a Dragon then immediately dove into Love is a Mixtape, finishing it off within a week of buying it. Overall, it was a fairly good read. I just wish I had posted after finishing it when I could still remember what I thought...

Just bought, like, 8 books from the Relevant Store moving sale: The Foundations of Faith set (6 classic books on the Christian faith that I've been wanting to read anyway), Here's to Hindsight, and Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven (but Nobody Wants to Die). Throw in a couple of CDs, and you get the odd mix of "Yay, I got all this stuff for the cheap with free shipping too!" and buyer's remorse. Yes, books and music are my vice. ^^;;

And finally... I found this on LiveJournal:




It seemed like a great idea, so I decided to follow along! Yes yes, this gives me nothing but Harry Potter from now until July 21, but I really did want to re-read the whole thing before Deathly Hallows comes out, and it's only a 1-2 chapter a day commitment. I figure on a schedule like that, I can keep up with the group, not get too "Pottered out," and still read some other things along the way.

Plus, that's 6 more books toward the 50 goal.

So. I'm feeling like abandoning Eldest again, but I shall stick it out and finish, darnit! :P

Speaking of which... Roran and Katrina's melodramatic pledges of undying love and devotion to each other made me giggle inside. Almost as much as the scene in the movie where Eragon blurts out, "But I have skills!"

Sometimes I wish I weren't such a critic.... :)

No comments: